Annular Boosters versus Downleg Boostered Carbs

There was an interesting writeup in CarCraft mag. this month on an LS1 motor using a 750 cfm downleg Carb compared to a 750 cfm annular Carb ; the Dyno reported an unbelievable increase of 94 ft.lbs torque (at 1800
rpms) using the Annular over the Downleg. H.P. was up also especially at lower rpms.
Is anyone running Annulars ? Whats your experience with them ?
Dave
I read that, it's for people that are trying to get an engine with giant cams to have a better idle quality and get some torque down low.
dave wrote:

--
Ric Seyler

'I read that, it's for people that are trying to get an engine with giant cams to have a better idle quality and get some torque down low.'
Reply: That is one of the applications for Annulars that work out well. But, just in general, they offer a healthy torque/hp increase between 1800-4000 rpms as the dyno chart showed in the article , versus a downleg carb using the same engine.