Anti-theft horn 1980 C3

Can anyone tell me were the anti-theft horn is at and how to deactivate the system until I find the problem? I went to open my car door today and the alarm kept going off and the only way to stop the horn from waking the neighbors was to disconnect the battery. I have disconnected two horns up front but still a horn is going off. Can someone help?

Reply to
BART FITZPATRICK

I believe I know where it is, but your post raised my suspicion level to "Elevated"... so I ain't gonna tell you.

There is, of course, a way to turn off the alarm system without unhooking the wiring - perhaps a quick glance at the owner's manual will help. You only need to open the door for 30 seconds or so to retrieve it.

If you truly own this car, I would think you should be able to easily locate the horn from where the sound is coming from. Try opening the door again and then put one of your ears to the body and move around the car until the sound gets really loud. Then, crawl underneath with a flashlight and take a look around.

Here's waving to ya - \||||

Owen ___

'67BB & '72BB

-- not affiliated with JLA forum in any way -- alt.autos.corvette is original posting -- ___

Barking Rats

ROFL. I have yet to buy an old Corvette that had its owner's manual. I bought manuals for several of them, but even then, I didn't keep them in the glove box/storage box.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

Yeah, of the three Corvettes I've owned, only one, my '67, came with the original owner's manual in the folder envelope plus Protecto-plate! Might have even gotten a radio card, tho it's been years since I pulled the hermetically sealed documents out of the safe to refresh my memory.

As you know, it's certainly not difficult to get reprinted manuals.

Here's waving to ya - \||||

Owen ___

'67BB & '72BB

-- not affiliated with JLA forum in any way -- alt.autos.corvette is original posting -- ___

Barking Rats

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..

yeah, what if he really is a car jacker ?

Reply to
E_Tar

Thanks everyone for you help I found the problem, it was the key clip that holds the drivers side door together fellow and to reset the system proven impossible because the reset stitch is apart of the clip. Does anyone have a picture of how the assembly goes together?

Reply to
BART FITZPATRICK

Great news after much moving and arranging the wires of the switch I was able to get the reset switch back in place were it should be. I thank you for your help and the advice you gave.

Reply to
BART FITZPATRICK