anyone ever go backwards

I have a nice 00 convertible in the garage. I use it alot in the nice weather and keep it clean etc. This is my 4th vette. Others were 76, 93, 96, 01 and 00.
My c5 like I said is nice.. but I kind of think the 96 was more fun to drive. Less sophisticated. less luxery.. more fun. Sure it was sloppy... but I love those seats... Sure with the top off the whole car shakes... but with it on the car is kind of refined. I am now lookiing for a c4 again to use as a daily driver along with my other regular car. It is cheap enough that I wont be scared of "ruining" it or usiing it to much.
Anywone else ever go backwards and why?

I have my wife's '06 Mustang Convertible, a '02 C5 Vette, a '95 LT1 C4 Vette and a '79 C3 Vette. The '79 is a show car, the '02 gets driven on weekends and long trips, the '95 is my daily driver. I love the '95 and yes, it has its quirks. It is easily my favorite car that I've ever owned. It gets stares at gas stations, once in, it's almost like strapping the car on my ass and back. The LT1 engine is wonderful - it always starts with the slightest "bump" of the starter, it idles and runs smooth, the torque curve is enjoyable and gives me a solid 20 mpg.
Also, it's not what I consider a "disposable" car but if it gets wrecked, I can replace it quickly and easily for around 10-15 grand and get a good car.
Of course the Blose-Delco system was ripped out and disposed of long ago, now with the Alpine head unit connected to Sirius satellite radio, I can listen to classic rock or talk radio without having to search for stations. It's small enough that a set of decent speakers and a decent small amp sounds out-of-this-world great.
The C4 has to be the most maligned and under-appreciated member of the Corvette family.

I certainly am enjoying mine. But I've made a commitment to this car, and I'd be upset it if were wrecked. I know the C5 is by far a better machine, but this is my first and I'll own it 'til I'm gone. I hope to pick up another 'Vette some day, but the way auction prices are going, I'll probably try to steal a late-60s, early 70's GM muscle car first. Maybe a Camaro.
AJM '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

You should drive a C6 ; its head and shoulders above a C3,4,and 5 . Its highly refined, more responsive, no rattles, no wind noise thru the windows, and has a feel of luxury . I like my 1970 built big block vette for raw-ness...but the C6 (2006) has the best of all worlds.

Yes, i went backwards once.....as i was walking forwards. Today, they call it the Moon Walk.

And back then , they just called it drunk.
-W

I once went backwards walking forwards.