Apparent Ground Wires on "69 Wiper Switch Assembly

I hope this message makes sense.
In removing my wiper switch assembly, I accidentally pulled at least one wire, and maybe two wires, out of a terminal. One of the wires is
black. I think this wire attaches to the middle terminal on the windshield wiper switch. It appears to be in the bunch of wires that came off the wiper switch terminals.
The other wire is a dark greenish wire, which is spliced to a wire attached to the headlight door switch bulb. This bulb stays on, if the headlight door doesn't completely open.
One end of the dark greenish wire is attached to a screw on the wiper switch assembly. It appears to be a ground wire. The other end of the dark greenish wire is the end I'm wondering about. I cannot see that it was ever attached to anything. But I'm not sure.
I plan to re-attach the black wire to the middle terminal of the wiper switch. And I plan to wrap the dangling end of the dark greenish wire, and leave it alone, since one end of the wire appears to be a ground wire.
Assuming this makes sense, can someone tell me if what I play to do is reasonable? In fact, if someone has information about the headlight door bulb wiring, please make comments. I have wiring diagrams, but they don't show the spliced wires.
Thanks, Charles