Auto Show Discounts for Vette Parts

I have been told that it would be a good idea to attend an upcoming auto show where vendors selling Vette parts will likely have dash pads for sale. How much of a discount from, say, the Ecklers price, as I'm likely to see?

Thanks, Charles

Reply to
Charles Halliman

About 10% is the usual Ecklers discount..BUT remember Ecklers is about

10-30% higher than most of the other venders..so what do you save..????
Reply to
grayfox

1 time Ecklers missed their overnight commitment to me.. Every other time they arrived as promised. Their pricing has always been in line with others and their products have always arrived in working order and packaged well. I check prices on most everything I get from several vendors, as I said Ecklers has always been in line . I hear allot of riff aimed their way and I cannot see how they deserve the bad press. They also own a classic Chevy parts house, after much searching for a part for my 57 Chevy Ecklers came through with the best price -and - overnight service. I suppose everyone has had a bad experience with someone at sometime. I am in no way affiliated with Ecklers. JMHO

kickstart

Reply to
Kickstart

I will second the plaudits for Eckler's. I've also bought things from Zip and MidAmerica and had good experience. I consider them all pretty much interchangeable.

AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

Reply to
CardsFan

You usually get two discounts from buying at a show, or more, depending on how you look at it. First, if the part is there, you have no shipping. While that is not a big deal on many items, do you want to pay $8 shipping on the $4 cap or $5 bolt?

And if the part is not there at the show, frequently the vendor will offer to ship free if you buy it then.

Second, most do have a show price and frequently they have show specials which are even lower.

Third, they get rid of seconds and returns. They rarely advertise these in a catalog, and only if you specifically ask on the phone will you hear about what is available, but at the show, they are typically on a large display. Most seconds are as good as your regular item after you have had it on the car for a few weeks. So why not get the second and save lunch money.

Fourth, there is no return shipping for when you buy the part sight unseen, then have to return it because it is wrong, doesn't look like yours, or the reproduction quality isn't what you were after.

There really is no value you can place on really putting your eyes on an item for sale as compared to buying sight unseen or using a computer/catalog picture.

AND, you may find a used dash that is in excellent shape for much less, if you look around.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

The only catch to shopping at a show is when you buy it the next aisle has it cheaper. Then there is the other side of that, you don't buy it and find out is was the best price and it's gone when you go back. Know what you want to pay and do it!

Reply to
Dad

Check Last details and Mid America ..I always find that I save money with them..yes Ecklers has good parts and their refund policy is excellent...fast delivery if you live in Florida otherwise the usual UPS delivery ...I do order from them since they do deliver next day in Florida....BUT some of the prices I have paid were much cheaper from LAST DETAILS..

Reply to
grayfox

Reply to
RicSeyler

Don't forget the big NCRS show in Florida next week..ECKLERS will be there plus most of the major venders/sellers..best place to get used/new parts..usually an exvellent selection....also good Vette auctions...many nice/rare Vettes up for sale.

Reply to
grayfox

Agree with Ric -- although Eckler's received a batch of bad-mouthing a couple of years ago, I've always had good results--including a personal phone call when they had to back-order an item. (They blew me away with an offer to cancel the order rather than make me wait -- I opted to wait and they followed up two weeks later with another phone call.)

One other resource I've used a couple of times is "The Last Detail" (TLD) in Atlanta. >.

They have a tie-in to a local Chevy dealership and were able tap both the OEM and aftermarket supply chains. They got me a seat-belt that the local Chevy dealers couldn't color match. Prompt shipping. The new on-line catalog seems pared-down in comparison to what it was a year ago.

Reply to
PJ