Auto trans C5

My 98 C5 is an automatic the shifter says 1 2 3 overdrive but feeling it shift I swear to god it feels like it shifts 4 times which means it would be
a 5 speed as it starts in 1st, Can somebody tell me either I am right or I am F&%king nuts? let me know
--

I think the torque converter locks up which sometimes feels like another shift