back end gets squirrelly

Thanks for reading this.
During moderate to hard acceleration in 2nd and 3rd gear the back end gets squirrelly. Windows are up so I can not hear any tires squealing. When I let
off the pedal the car tracks straight . Its a stock 2005 Z51 with 30 psi in the stock tires.
Any thoughts guys?
Dom

No, except the Supercar tires don't squeal like some have in the past and you are moving quicker than you think. Never found it very hard to keep it under control during a burnout or just hard acceleration. Look at your tread depth and you will see that they are slipping more than you realize.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Oops, never figured in the temperature, don't know where you are. Mine now has the winter tires on it which don't grip as well with 1" less tread width. They don't squeal much either but they do run better in the rain which is their primary use.
'During moderate to hard acceleration in 2nd and 3rd gear the back end gets squirrelly. Windows are up so I can not hear any tires squealing. When I let off the pedal the car tracks straight . Its a stock 2005 Z51 with 30 psi in the stock tires. Any thoughts guys?'
REPLY: Sounds like what a Corvette is supposed to do ! You dont have a problem .
Someone mentioned that I should see "traction system active" on the DIC when this happens.
I cant say if that message appeared because I didn't look down, and I let off the pedal just at it starts to get squirrelly. Will get on a stretch of empty road and see if this message appears.
Will post back soon.

One wheel must exceed the speed of the other by a given amount to activate the message and yes it will appear. Let it out to much and you get this - http://www.corvetteconti.com/welcome/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id 2&Itemid)
A fellow working near us tried to pass a car and his Vette got all squirrelly..he tried to correct it at the same time as the traction control thing did it's job..result ...spun on a dry road at about 50mph hit a tree and was killed...?? So watch your a** you could end up like he did...some reports think the air bag deployment broke his neck...????