Battery for a 1995 LT1 (6 speed) Coupe

What brand/size should I buy? Mine is toast.
Sadly, I don't drive it much. It has under 40K. I was told there was some sort of add-on contraption that would make a battery last longer?
I don't remember the details, just thought I'd ask.
Thanks OldSchool
Personally, I only use Interstate batteries in my cars.
Charlie, 93 vert.

BATTERY TENDER
--
RS
2006 FLSTNI
RS wrote:

and my Garden Tractor over the winter...Garage looks like a Christmas tree with all the blinking red and green lights... BUT they work ... Can not remember the last time I had to buy a new Battery.... Bob G.
OldSchool wrote:

I have a 92 LT-1 and had the battery replaced about a year ago at Sears.....Diehard Gold guaranteed for 4 years...I believe about $100.
Now the battery is located just ahead of the driver side....there is a panel on the side......that has to be removed......then it comes right out.
DONOT accept someone telling you that all the stuff ABOVE THE BATTERY has to be removed.......I was lucky that someone at Sears had done one.
If you are not financially challenged....take it to the dealer....I had my water pump replaced.....and while it cost $550...the labor and parts are guaranteed for life...printed right on the receipt...I have mine serviced regularly there....there's no bullcrap.....I have a regular service advisor.
Yeah...oil change is $6.50 qt for Mobil-1.....about $60 total........but hey...this is not a regular car........ is it ???
Vern 92 LT-1 all black coupe 96 Intruder 1400

Couldn't you replace about three water pumps for that price?

lab~rat >:-) wrote:

Sincere is OK..
Yeah...if I was a Master Mechanic like my father was (died in 1991 and would have a fit if the F.O.R.D. man knew I bought a Corvette)...
I could go to Advance Auto and get 3 water pumps for $550....I'm not a mechanic...though I used to be able to set points and use a Gasp....Timing light !.
My Dad would not speak to me in 1973 when I bought a 65 Corvair Corsa....turbo model but the motor was replaced by a standard 110 HP 2 carb flat 6.....
Paid $250 and it served me well for 2 years....4 speed and full guages !
Vern
92 LT1 Coupe Black on Black !