Became a 'vette owner 5 hours ago

As the title states, I became the owner of a 2007 Coupe in Victory Red with 3SL package today. Not only is this my first 'vette but my first GM product since my first car ('74 Chevy Nova) many many moons ago. Enough with memory lane.

I'm looking for a good Corvette Club as I figure they're the best source of info and I'm hoping to get this baby on a track every now and then. Any recommendations?

Reply to
Road Rage

Sorry to say many of the people in the current Corvette Clubs are like you..They don't know a freakin thing about Corvettes..they just ran down bought/leased a new one and don't have a clue...with a new 2007 what is there to know...you don't have to join a club to learn to drive the thing..just read the manual its' all there.

Reply to
Thundergod

There are a lot of good clubs around. Where are you located?

Try this to see if there is a club in your area, go to a meeting and see if you like it.

Have Fun and Save The Wave

PDeen

Reply to
PDDeen

Nice way to show your ass. I aready know how to drive, and do it quite well. And I know enough about the 'vette to make me decide to leave a brand I was loyal to all my life and buy my own so I wouldn't have to keep driving someone else's. Clubs usually offer the best opportunity's for track time but thanks to pricks like you I guess I'll stick with SCCA. Sorry I bothered your precious little newsgroup. It won't happen again.

Reply to
Road Rage

There are several places to get good information about your Corvette on the Internet, but nothing replaces the face to face camaraderie you get in a local club.

That said, not all clubs are the same. Some of them you will have no use for, others you will wonder why you never met them years ago.

For more Internet groups, try

- here, of course.

-

- email list for VetteNet is the main source

Tom in Missouri

New to open forums and newsgroups?

You have to have a thicker sk>> Sorry to say many of the people in the current Corvette Clubs are like

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

Like most groups/clubs there are some that have all the answers, you just met number one in the bottom of this group, sorry. They can be easily killfiled with as many nicknames as they come up with.

The

has a section that will give you the names of clubs that can help you fine one in your area. I find that there are many different interests in the clubs and some are high on racing, others are social groups, and still others are into authenticity. Most will accept you as a visitor and show you their strong points fairly quickly. As a past office in NCCC I can help you with those if you let me know where you're most likely to want to become involved in a club. Tell us more about your '07.

Reply to
Dad

Well just kill file the jerk who initially replied ...honest he is well know in this newsgroup and is advice is just ignored...

However check out the links the others supplied...I belong to two local Corvette Clubs ...one a NCRS affiliated club and another that is not affiliated. I love them both .. Plus I belong to a couple of National Corvette "clubs" if you want to call them that..

Seriously .. the membership of Clubs do offer plenty of knowledge and the members can direct you to shops that do good work at a fair price and tell you what shops to avoid etc.. However not many clubs have many members who drive C6's and even less who have raced one..

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

I'm considering doing the same thing. I've always had Fords, but I just might pick up a new 2007 Vette, Z51 automatic. My first choice is the color you got. Otherwise black.

Reply to
Mort Guffman

Don't let one flaming ass turn you off from this newsgroup. There is a lot of great information here and only a rare few that are like that. Just look at his screen name to see what he, and probably only he, thinks of himself. Congrats on your first Vette. I've got a derelict 78 and a 96 daily driver and I love them. I'll probably buy an 07 sometime around 2020 when I can afford one. Rob

Reply to
Scubabix

When picking the color for your Vette, remember the famous words, "All Corvettes are red, the rest are just mistakes." Rob

Reply to
Scubabix