Been Gone....

Page 1 of 2
My Mother was diagnosed with Cancer and it has spread through her kidney, liver, lymph nodes and spine... so I've been torn up for the last few weeks... Got a call today and the Social Worker at the hospital
is suggesting Hospice. She was a CPA and handled all my accounting and bookwork at my printing/design business. So I'm completely lost in every aspect of my life at the moment....
It's been a hard few weeks guys. The kind of stuff you read in tragic novels :-/
--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

Sorry to hear that, dude. -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------080504010602010801050703 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Thanks LR.
lab~rat >:-) wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
RicSeyler wrote:

class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto: snipped-for-privacy@SPAMgulf.net">&lt; snipped-for-privacy@SPAMgulf.net&gt;</a>

My thought are with you and the feelings you will be going through in the future. I lost mother one year ago this week to Alzheimer's, she just forgot to eat and breath. Signing the release to stop force feeding was tough and still tugs at me but it was the only way left to us.
Hang in there, it is all a part of this great life we live.
Dad

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------060306040509010307000907 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Dad wrote:

through this type of thing, we all will.

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

go for a drive and get some fresh air A heartfelt good luck to ya
kickstart
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------010305090302040408070102 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Kickstart wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

Sorry to hear Ric. sounds like the same thing that happened with one of my sisters in 2004. I have felt your pain...
try and be strong, I know its hard...
g'day
--
"Key"
=====

Sorry, just went through thing with my Father a couple months back. The Hospice suggestion is a good one. He was able to pass in his own bed surrounded by family. Hard but best for all of us..............
brian
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------020000060505060608060609 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Thanks Key!
'Key wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------000508020108020709090100 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Thank you for the Link Michael, Aloha.
michael wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
RicSeyler wrote:

    Knowing that there's a goodbye around the corner is a tough circumstance. Hospice is a tough call. I think the biggest thing is to support your Mother's desires and wishes in the matter. May you do well through all of what's ahead. Hope you can find a place that's close yet not too subject to hurricane evacuation.
-- PJ
PJ wrote:

They have evac procedures in place, that was one of the forms I had to fill out this morning. Thanks for the heads up on that.

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
dave wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

Ric, I am truly sorry to hear of your Mom's diagnosis. Mine died in 1998 after fighting colorectal cancer for years. Radiation, chemotherapy, surgeries including an eventual colostomy...she endured it all. The last six months were awful, the last six weeks she wasn't herself anymore. I just watched the number on the morphine drip climb higher and higher. At least she wasn't in pain. Cancer is a horrible thing. One wonders if the money we've thrown down a rat hole in the Middle East could possibly result in cures or prevention. But that's politics...
I wish you and your Mom the best possible time, however much is left. She will need your strength and support and I'm sure she can count on that. I would only remind you that this is the cycle of life, and in some ways is a good order for the world.
One of the best things I've ever read is an essay by Lewis Thomas titled "Death in the Open" in his book "The Lives of a Cell." I'd recommend it to anyone struggling with the gigantic issue of life and death.
My best,
AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------060402020602000700040409 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
CardsFan wrote:

others could benefit, I feel sure of that.

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
RicSeyler wrote:

This is awful news and all together too familiar. We buried my sister-in-law's Mom last weekend. She had successfully fought off the cancer twice, but she didn't have the the heart to fight it for the third time.
If there's any advice I can give you, above all... DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE. Have Faith. The Lord works in mysterious ways.
As bleak as it may seem today, tomorrow there may be a ray of hope. In the mean time, be by her side as much as you can, be the strength that she needs now. Remember all the times she helped you up, bandaged your skinned knees and bruised pride, and told you to get right back on that bicycle.
We will all say a prayer. Here's to Hope.
TomC