? BLACK BOX ?

I saw a news clip stating that auto manufactures are installing BLACK BOXES in cars that record speed and a few other items. Wondering if anyone knows if BLACK BOXES were installed in 1998 Vetts?
If yes, where can I find information about locating the box and disconnecting it. Please reply to: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Obviously, remove mapson in the above E-mail address to reply. Thanks in advance for your assistance. Regards to all.
wrote or did cause to be written:

Start with http://www.seniormag.com/headlines/blackboxcars.htm . Yes, you are being watched.
Then go to http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=gm+%22data+recorder%22+&btnG=Search OH!!!! Over 5500 web pages describing this diabolical plot!!!
Next http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=black+helicopter&btnG=Search 1.3 million pages on Black Helicopters!!!
But luckily there is hope. Go here first http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html Once you are protected then they won't realize that you are on to them and you can safely disconnect your black box.
Funny, the cpus in all cars hvae been recording a rolling history for many years. You can even buy devices at the car parts store to extract that data yourself. In the future, much, much more is going to be recorded and all cars will have active GPS and transmitters.
Did you know your cell phines have had gps on-chip for a number of years? Well they have, as I'm in the asic business. They may not be turned on yet, but they can and will be soon. TF

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=gm+%22data+recorder%22+&btnG=Search

Not as well known is that there is a 30 second voice recording loop in the cockpit as well that allows investigators to play back sounds in the preceding 30 seconds, most often following a crash or accident.
As one might expect, there are the usual "Oh s..t", "Mother f....r" and similar comments, with no particular pattern except for cars in certain states, where a recurring statement "Hey y'all, watch this!" shows up frequently.

ROTFLMFAO :) Been there hehe... TF

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=gm+%22data+recorder%22+&btnG=Search

the tin foil might be a good idea, and i am really going to more fly swatters

LMAO, just HAD to add that last one to my favorites!! hahaha

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=gm+%22data+recorder%22+&btnG=Search
Guess there is always someone who thinks their an entertaining smart ass in every group. The question was serious moron.

I don't blame you for your handicap, lots of people are born without a sense of humor. :)

Sorry, but about every 4 months someone comes here all paranoid about the 5 second crash recorder. IF you are really interested, read up at the following link.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=GM+data+recorder&btnG=Search
G wrote:

Also eyeball << http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/edr-site/ . That page has a good history of fed actions and rulings that "encouraged" the car makers to foot the bill for the EDRs. Draw your own conclusions!
Paul.
Bob I concisely offered:

here on L.I. the box was used to force a plea deal on a high speed crash. 18 yr.old kid doing 130 mph in his '00 vette killed a couple. they were going to fight in court until the black box was allowed into evidence. personally I think an 18 yr.old shouldn't be driving such a fast car anyway,but daddy bought him the car.

Simply saved everybody a lot of time in proving the facts. THAT 18 year old obviously had no business having a car of this caliber, but could have done the same or more damage with a "lesser" vehicle that weighed more.