Blue Devil

I was reading an article about the Z07 with 7 liter supercharged 650bhp w/ 3 second 0-60mph and 200 + mph top end for around $100k planned to come out in 2009. It's currently known as the Blue Devil
while it's a work in progress. Anyone know if this has any truth all bs?
Supercharged 6.2 or 6.3 liter is what believed to be in current testing. Why not google SS corvette or visit a few of the Corvette forums for the latest spy photos. Also youtube has video footage.
doug wrote:

'I was reading an article about the Z07 with 7 liter supercharged 650bhp w/ 3 second 0-60mph and 200 + mph top end for around $100k planned to come out in 2009. It's currently known as the Blue Devil while it's a work in progress. Anyone know if this has any truth all bs?'
REPLY: Im sure the Racers in this NG will testify that these figures are achievable with that much power providing its planted firmly to the ground ; Id guess an experienced Racer could do the quarter , around low 10's --- truly incredible to think its going to be a factory car along with good street manners.
Dave in Lake Villa wrote:

Given the C6 Z06 has turned in 10's showroom stock on drag radials and under 11.25 on EMT's. While the BD/SS/ZR-1 will certainly rip up the strip, I wonder what it will do on the Nurburgring!
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t 94944
'Given the C6 Z06 has turned in 10's showroom stock on drag radials and under 11.25 on EMT's.'
REPLY: All the test results ive read on the C6/ZO6 has it coming in at 11.7 on EMT's. If it will do 10's on drag radials, that tells us there is tire spin going on with the EMT's. I wonder what type and size tires the BLue Devil will be outfitted with from the factory ??
On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 16:22:12 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Dave in Lake Villa) puked:

I think I remember one of those tests where they launched in second gear at 6000 rpm. It was something teeth-shattering if I remember...
-- lab~rat >:-) Stupid humans...

???I wonder what type and size ???tires the BLue Devil will be outfitted with from the factory ??
335/25Z/20

Dad wrote:

Part of the joy is being traction-limited.
-- pj
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/GeneralFuture/articleId 2765
lab~rat >:-) wrote:

Dave in Lake Villa wrote:

You could have read the documentation at the link as to how many folks have turned what. The objective is to not spin them much, and DR's allow you to use more throttle. It'll still spin.

Bob,
Strange he knows what the ET should be but can't find the tire size and brand??
Really what I wanted to ask is in the passenger side grill there is a light colored object in the picture on your web site, what is it? Right close to that location there is a removable part of the horizontal grill bar, about 4.5" long with a small lanyard on it, has been there since '05. I've ask around a few places but haven't found anyone that can identify its use.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51 (unequal tread depth front to rear)
Dad wrote:

can't say as I know, it appears "round" with a dark center like some kind of port or plug. There are a couple connections on the rear also, one on each side outboard of the backup lights. (See youtube link at 34 seconds for the rear and 1 min. 46 sec for the front, you can pause and zoom ) I "heard" the rear ones were sample ports.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrT9KlujoMY

On Sep 29, 8:18 pm, doug wrote:

My totally stock C6 (not a Z07) scares the beJesus out of me. I can't imagine trying to herd a fire breathing dragon like this Blue Devil around.
Ken
'My totally stock C6 (not a Z07) scares the beJesus out of me. '
REPLY: I experience the same with my 2006 C6 ; I seldom nail it from a start, but yesterday i was in a jam trying to turn left across 4 lanes of traffic from a stop and couldnt see for a parked truck . Had to make her go in a hurry to avoid a collision ; got a reminder of just how quick it is off the line . My 78 year old mom who was the passenger was reaching desperately to grab something (anything) !
doug wrote:

Word is that they're going to call it...
ZR1
The Legend Continues...
Crabs '90ZR1 #792