Bose Gold System

Hello everyone! I have a 95 coupe with the stock stereo cassete player, its a Bose Gold system.I want to replace it with a factory CD player but have heard I
would be better off installing an after market system. I haven't been able to find a factory CD player for under 300.00, thats a lot considering all of the complaints I've heard about them. Any opinions?? Thanks
Compared to modern audio system technology, Bose is junk. But if you want to replace it with a high end system with external amps, you have to be willing to install all new speaker cables in addition to what ever wiring is required to support your aftermarket head unit, amplifier, subwoofers etc. and possibly a bigger alternator (if you intend to go with big amps). If you are going to use subs, it's hard to find a subwoofer case for dual 12" subs that will fit between the wheel wells; it would be better to use dual 10" subs. I did all of the above on my 1990 and have 30+ hours of time invested and I'm still not done yet. Also you can sell the Bose junk to any number of outlets for $200-300+ which will help offset the cost of your new system.

There is a adaptor out to allow you to keep the bose spkrs and replace the bose radio with a aftermarket unit