Brakes C5

What is better semi-metallic pads or ceramic pads on drilled slotted rotors???

--
ZRiX
(`'..(<>..<>)..')

often go the ceramic, if not, stick with the semi-metallic. Plus, I know you didn't ask, I'd skip the drilled rotors, slotted and plated yes, for 2 reasons. First, the drilled crack, second is an appearance problem with the vanes filling with brake dust and slinging out when you wash them. If you have open Corvette style wheels you will get a black ring on the inside regardless of how much you flush them. The fact that they crack is enough for me, I'm not so anal that I can't deal with the bad appearance from the dust after I spent enough time cleaning the wheel.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Thx DAD
--
ZRiX
Dad wrote:

You might consider Ceramic-Kevlar pads.
Not too much dust, better cold than straight ceramics and only slight fade on an extended downhill with lots of switchbacks. (Tried this on an M5 with C-Ks in early April.)
Rotor wear should be mid-way between ceramics and semi-mets.
Maybe not OK for all-out racing or very extended downhills -- Kevlar decomposes at 400 deg C. (dull-red) .. >>{8-O
-- pj

I've got semi on my dimpled/slotted rotors, got them over ceramic as the installers really recommended them only if you brake at the limits. Otherwise, he said I'd get hella less dust using the semi-mets. Also, he said less noise.
Just an FYI...
Venger