c-4 AC Bolower ? / Please Help

thanks in advance for any help. my mechanic seems to be stumped. have an 84 vette with ac blowing problems. the ac is blowing cold but the air only comes out the middle vents. It does not blow out the vents on the ends. any advice ?

thanks

Reply to
'Key

Is this the same Key from the HD newsgroup?

Reply to
JG

yes

Reply to
'Key

Good luck in getting an answer here. Seems to be a tight crowd that doesn't reply to newbies. This crowd is not like the one in the HD group. In there, you may get a bunch of smart a#* comments your bound to get one that's helpful.

Reply to
JG

Reply to
Greg

I know, I have lurked and participated in this group before. There are some helpful people here but in my opinion, if they don't really know the answer ? They will just not reply.

that will work for me :-)

g'day to ya

Reply to
'Key

1984 / manual A/C control

air door problem? Sorry, I don't understand what that is.

Understand and agree but my mechanic is a GM mr. goodwrench (worked at the Cad store for many years) and seems to be pretty knowledgable, considering the other work he has done for me in the past. He admits that he has not worked on Vetts that much. Its really hard to find a local that even wants to work on this 84 vette.

Thank You for any help you can provide Greg

g'day

Reply to
'Key

Reply to
RicSeyler

There are doors in the ductwork that open and close to divert air to the vents

-vs- to the defroster -vs- to your feet, etc. I th>

Reply to
RicSeyler

Thank You. I will relay this info to my mechanic.

Reply to
'Key

nah, HD as in "high dollar" :-)

Reply to
'Key

My 85 S10 Blazer is doing something similar right now. I put a Mity Vac on the system and I'm loosing vacuum somewhere in the dash. I know of at least one vacuum operated diaphram under it and a bunch of lines. I'm sure your vette has them too.

Reply to
JG

HD as in Harley Davidson

Reply to
JG

Thanks for the info. I am thinking that may be my problem too.

Reply to
'Key

Reply to
RicSeyler

Reply to
Greg

My mechanic said that the blowing can be switched from the center vents to blow out the defrost vents. He thinks that if the vacuum was bad it would only blow out one of the vents and couldn't be switched to blow out another.

Any thoughts on his line of thinking? Could he be correct or is he thinking wrong?

Reply to
'Key

Reply to
Greg

Thanks again for the info Greg. Will see what he says about it. If he doesn't at least check this all out? I will try and find another Mechanic.

Reply to
'Key

Reply to
Greg