C-5 Seat "covers"?

The leather is cracked in my '97 C-5. I was going to take it into the upholstery shop for repair, then I noticed "seat covers" listed in Mid-America's catalog. Pricey, but what got me was that they say they
"replace your existing seat covers" and "you can save your stock ones to put back later" or something like that. Looking them over, I see no way to easily take off the stock "seat covers" or put new ones one. Still looks like something for somebody with special upholstery equipment and skills to do. Am I missing something? MAD doesn't have any specifics about how you're supposed to install their covers.
Replacing the covers does not take special tools unless you wish to reuse the hog rings that are used at the trailing edge of the bottom cushion. You can use zip ties instead. For instructions, go to http://www.vetteessentials.com/index.html These guys sell the best quality covers you can get and there are free installation instructions there too. --Dale Keith wrote:

I have replaced the passenger side seat retaining piston and in the process I had to take the seat cover off the passenger side. I used a shop manual. It was not that bad. I did not have any special tools. That was 3 years ago and the seat still looks good today.