C-6 Front License Plate

I recently bought a 2006 C-6 and I'm still wrestling with what to do about the front license plate bracket. Yeah, a front plate is required here in Texas. Although Chevrolet offers a body colored one and claims that it doesn't require drilling, their catalog is wrong - it requires four holes in the front fascia. Retails for $60 on top of that!
Does anyone have an idea of how to mount a front plate without drilling holes in the bodywork?
Thanks, Jeep

Actually it come with 2 sided tape but mine is still in the package. I've been stopped twice and nothing was every said about the front plate. My state has capital punishment for speeding but they seem to be letting the front plate slide.
There is a guy on corvetteforum that call himself "shopman" that makes one that is acceptable although way over priced. Uses holes already there inside the gaping mouth.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
Dad wrote:

Chevrolet's front plate solutions have been downright UGLY!
'Diode' had the best Long Island solution and I've adapted here in California -- we are required to have a front plate so that the downward looking "red-light cameras" can capture the license number. Fully, 80% of SoCal Corvettes are devoid of front plates.
Gov. Arnold has not opted to "clean up" this Corvette mess. We have however added a second camera at red lights to capture the rear plate while the regular camera snags the driver's face.
Diode suggested forgetting about the front place altogether (I carry mine under the cargo deck carpet in the C4 and under the front carpet in the C5 -- just in case I have to knuckle under to John Law.) Next, dig out your expired "proof of insurance" form and put it in the car portfolio in the map case. Keep the current "proof of insurance" form in a safe place.
When you are stopped, show registration and proof of insurance -- when it's noted that you insurance has expired, accept the ticket for that "stupid oversight." "Oh my gosh officer .... etc." Go to court, show the current insurance slip...etc.
If this pushes your sense of moral rectitude too much then take the plate down to a Kinkos, have a color copy made of it, tape it to some cardboard and display it on top of the dash -- smile for the birdie when the camera snaps.
--
PJ
89 HookerCar, 02 E-blu 6-spd Coupe

No way am I gonna place a front license plate on my C6. Too Ugly. Will pay fine if ever pulled over for it.
Hear Hear !
When i installed my plate I put the cover back on . thinking if i was stoped i could say the plate is there and I thought it was odd what with the cover and all needn to be on for the front to look good...never got stoped for the cover since 97 and still driving that way mahalo michael

http://www.madvet.com/shop?frame=7.43.7410