C3 1980 Headlight Doors

One headlight door has to be forced up, then has to be forced down. The other sometimes dosen't react well either. Is there an easy fix, as in replace the actuators, or is it trial & error in replacing different components? Where can I start? Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Hearn

By "forcing it" you're not gaining anything but more expense. Go to

& get a diagram, then trouble shoot it in a systematic way. It could be just a leaking hose or you could need a major rebuild. Hard to guess from here so take your time, reason it out and replace what is needed. Zip is just one of many parts seller for Corvette so shop around for one you feel comfortable with and dig into it.

Many others but I've used all of these with no problems, prefer Rik's.

Reply to
Dad

may want to stop here and check it out kickstart

Reply to
Kickstart

He's a bit on the high side but that gets rid of the vacuum problems. I haven't looked at his site in years, are the conversions still available? He does build a mean C3.

Reply to
Dad

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 15:30:02 -0400, "Dad" puked:

Has anyone ever come out with electric motor replacements for that sorry vacuum actuated device?

-- lab~rat >:-) Stupid humans...

Reply to
lab~rat >:-)

I talked to him last year in Kissimmee, he still has the kits. I have been thinking of doing mine. Butt lately I saw a fixed set of lights and was wondering if they are comparable to the C-6 set up. I just cant find out where they are available. Ill prob just go with the electric if and when I change , nothing really wrong with mine yet anyway

kickstart

Reply to
Kickstart