C3 Alternator Gauge

I bought a 73 with 80k on it a few months ago. I have been noticing that the alternator gauge "bounces" or moves a lot. When i am running at higher rpm's the jitter seems to get better but is still there very slightly. The gauge is always in the plus range but I also notice when the head lamps are on the interior dash lamps seem to flitter a little bit. Is this the alternator or the battery? It seems as though the car is running off the alternator and not the battery. Is this normal for the vette? Any ideas? Thanks

Reply to
neshaminy_insurance

Check and renew your grounds.

Dad

Reply to
Dad

It will not take long for any new owner of an older Corvettes to learn that 110 percent of electrical problems in these cars is a ground that went on vacation...

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.