C3 Electrical Problem Continues

I replaced both the ground cables (battery and engine). Car runs great but I still have the same problem. When I turn the car off All power goes out.
In a minute of two the car is fine and will start and run great. When I stopped the car and had no power, I noticed that the tach does not return to 0 but stays at the rpms that the engine was at when the car was turned off. Also when the power comes back on if I turn the key to on (engine not running) and off the tach goes to 0 but if I turn the key back on(engine still not running) the tech jumps a few hundred rpms (from 0 to about 400). I also hear a bong sound. Thanks for the help.
On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 14:41:48 -0400, "coffee01"

or switch system allowing current to go to ground momentarily. Can you put a load tester on your battery and watch for drain during this 'dead' period? I had the cable problems and all the created was non-starting when hot.... also did you replaced the ground cable in the right wheel well to the 'a' frame? Will give freaky results if chrystallized..