c3 fuel filter

Ok guys, help me out, i posted last week bout the engine stutter, and since ive replaced wires and plugs, the last thing is the fuel delivery. I went to my local advance auto bought a new fuel filter for a whoppin $1.99 (steep i know hehehe) anyways, i cant find the damn canister the filter belongs in! where on a 79 is this thing SUPPOSED to be? is it possible that the original owner removed it cause he was a genious? Im thinking of replaced fuel pump just because , so i can rule out everything possible then i wanna tune the carb but am a little lost as im not familiar with the single carb/dual

2barrell webers. any help?

Larry in Va beach

Reply to
Larry & Michele

============== The fuel filter Is located in the Carb housing... big 1" or more open end wrench is needed to loosen it up..

Bob Griffiths

Reply to
Bob G.

=================== WEBERS ????? Larry you got a strange car or you are smoking some "not so good" stuff...if you yave a weber on that 79 who disrequard my comment that the fuel filter is in the carb housing when the fuel enters the carb ...

Bob Griffiths

Reply to
Bob G.

The original owner genius repaced the QuadraJet with a Weber, so the (skinny cylindrical pleated paper element) filter went out with the Quad... you're on your own now. Go visit a shop that caters to English cars, maybe they know where/if your Weber has/needs a filter (and how the heck did your local Advance Auto come up with a filter, anyway?).

Maybe you've accidently discovered the reason for your stutter (dirt in the carb because there's no filter). Trace the fuel line back to the fuel tank, sometimes a filter is added by owners in the fuel line running from the fuel pump up to the carb, or attached to the car frame in the rear near the gas tank outlet.

WayneC

Reply to
Larry & Michele