C3 mech tach question?

C3 question. Could someone with a mechanical tach drive tell me where the oil pressure sending unit is located? I'm trying to restore the mechanical tach drive a previous owner removed. The oil sending unit is now located next to the distributor, right where the tach drive cable looks to run. Should the oil sending unit be mounted on the driver side of the block?

Any help would be appreciated, Robert

Reply to
Robert in Ridgecrest, CA

What year? My '72 has room enough to throw a mad cat through there. On the other hand the '64 (C2) is a bit more congested with the plug wires indexed one position to get a better shot at the cable connection.

Reply to
Dad

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@e25g2000prg.googlegroups.com...

I don't know what year you are working on but 63' - 67' have mechanical gauges thus only a 1/16" oil line to the gauge. No sending unit. Don't remember what my 72' or 79' had.

PDDeen

Reply to
PDDeen

My 64 had a mechanical gauge with just the small oil line to the guage. When I added an idiot light (race car) I added right angle fitting and a tee to give me room for the sender and the oil line.

Reply to
bmckeenospam