C3 mech tach question?

C3 question. Could someone with a mechanical tach drive tell me where the oil pressure sending unit is located? I'm trying to restore the mechanical tach drive a previous owner removed. The oil sending unit
is now located next to the distributor, right where the tach drive cable looks to run. Should the oil sending unit be mounted on the driver side of the block?
Any help would be appreciated, Robert

What year? My '72 has room enough to throw a mad cat through there. On the other hand the '64 (C2) is a bit more congested with the plug wires indexed one position to get a better shot at the cable connection.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

I don't know what year you are working on but 63' - 67' have mechanical gauges thus only a 1/16" oil line to the gauge. No sending unit. Don't remember what my 72' or 79' had.
PDDeen
On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 21:26:50 -0800 (PST), "Robert in Ridgecrest, CA"

My 64 had a mechanical gauge with just the small oil line to the guage. When I added an idiot light (race car) I added right angle fitting and a tee to give me room for the sender and the oil line.