C3 ride height

I want to set the ride height on the new project. It's a bit high and the half shafts are not parallel with the ground.
Some say the half shafts should be parallel with the ground so as not to
over strain the U-joints.
How much is too much?
Ok....so if and when I set the height, is it recommended that I loosen the monoshock plate at the differential so as not to strain the ears on the differential before I wrench on the monoshock bolt at the end of the trailing arm? If so.....how much loosing on the mount bolts is enough. Thanks
what? no one can help me out here?

You posted from the future, wait till the rest of us catch up.
RedSpade wrote:

hahahahah.........just like me! Back to the future? Thanks Bob for the funny.

The specs for a '73 coupe it is - front = 8.68, rear 8.57. This is measuered on the flat portion of the frame rails.
Doug...
RedSpade wrote:

bumper model. Front bumper height is 20 inches, rear bumpers are 19 inches with a 27 inch tire diameter. Half shafts are elevated towards the differential less than 5 degrees and I guess they would never run truly parallel to the driving surface. My understanding is that they should work some to be a reliable flex drive joint.
Can't help you on the monoshock plate, mine has standard shocks.
As an after thought I measured the wheel well and the front is 27.5 inches and the rear is 28 inches.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

DO NOT tighten the differential spring mount bolts without weight on the wheels.
This plate does not need to be loosened when adjusting the spring bolts on the ends at the trailing arm.
The mistake many make when installing a spring is to tighten the spring mount bolts on the differential while the car is in the air and no weight on the wheels. This will put a strain on the differential cover ears.
As to parallel half shafts, it looks intuitive that they should be but it really doesn't matter.Remember that when you are adjusting the ride height for that, it will change as soon as you drop your 150 - 200 lbs in the driver's seat. Add a passenger and more changes.
This is why they adjust to a slight rise to the diff so that when the passengers are in, the half shafts are more or less level.

Ok.....Tom...BIG help! Thanks so much. Saves me a lot of grief.

Hey Tom...is that slight rise at the wheel end or at the diff?