C4 1990: Steam cleaning engine

Hello
Was wondering if anyone has any bad experiences with steam cleaning their engine, particularly on C4's. I heard somewhere that there's a problem with the car not able to start after doing the cleaning. Is
this true? is there something I can do to prevent this problem (other than not doing the steam cleaning)
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks Garry
I don't know off the top of my head if the '90 has the OptiSpark. If so, that's a BIG NO NO!! Don't do it! Could cost you several hundred dollars.
haigoo wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

Just don't over do it on the electrical connectors...also even with the distributer covered you may get some condensation inside the distributer..if it is hard or won't start just dry out the inside of the cap or just wait a couple of hours or so..Usually this is not a problem with regular Gunk/water hose washing but be careful with the pressure wash..that blast of hi pressure can force it's way into places that should not get wet.
Wolfman wrote:

Alternator: Shield it as best you can before cleaning. Give it several blasts with a hair dryer after you're finished.
No hair dryer -- use a shop heat gun but at a distance.
--
PJ
'89 auto-cpe, '02 e-blu-6spd.