C4 -battery replacement (1996)

Okay, I've done this a few times, but not with a Dry. Figured it suck a pain, go with the higher end battery.

Problem 1 - Got a Optima battery with dual mounts. The positive mount was hitting a metal suspension brace, so I needed to cut the post. The sales guy said you could cut it with a hacksaw. No problem, did this. snipped the pan, no issue. Batttery went in okay, little tough with the cables. Car starts, put it back together, I'm done.........wrong.... next morning, dead.

Problem 2 - I think that the side terminals aren't making good contact, postive mount bolt is slipping. Get replacements, everything seems to mount fine, seems that everything seats well, but still a problem with the contacts...........put the old battery in, not problem with the connects....... Any suggestions?????????? Is there a some kind of washer to extend out the contacts, I think it's the postive cable mount since it seems a bit large.

Reply to
Dave

Problem 1 - too bad you didn't see my post from about two years ago. It says the same as yours. I junked the Optima, and put in a new Delco. It has been great ever since. I had sent emails to Optima, but they took days and days before responding. I wouldn't do business with them again.

Regards, Jim

Reply to
Jim Henry