C4 Brakes

Hello Everyone, At 36k miles my '96 needed brakes. Midas is just down the street and I always took my old pickup there for basic repairs and never had a
problem. I figured "brakes is brakes" so I took the Corvette there for new front rotors and pads all around. Now at least half the time the brakes squeal. Also if I step on them hard from about 70-80 mph there is vibration. So what did Midas do wrong? Any recommendations on where to take the car next to have the job done right? Also, are there any aftermarkets availables that are better than stock?
Thanks, Tikbalang
Vibration is from unbalanced or too thin rotors..Midas screwed up..they may have cut down the rotors too much or not done it properly..My advise is to invest in new rotors ,they are not that expensive..Also get some top quality brake pads.HAWK is excellent..see Ecklers or who ever or try ebay..they have some excellent prices on top quality pads..but don't overdo the pad thing...racing pads will be hard and may require extra pedal effort. Midas is NOT the place to go for quality Vette work..look up some other local source...see if they will install parts that you purchase. Or at least have them buy some good stuff. I bought all my pads and rotors on ebay..saved a lot of $$$ and got excellent parts.
www.tirerack .com sells hawk and EBC brake pads and rotors.. i have the EBC green stuff pads on my 88 and they were way better than stock.. I've used Hawk pads before on other vehicles and they are good also.. i don't trust anyone working on my vette, so all the maintenance is by ME.....I would take it to a Dealer before going to some place like midas or firestone....
troy

Also, are there any aftermarkets

www.vbandp.com
for your reading pleasure Midas may not be @ fault, could be excessive brake dust. Ask what kind of pads they used, metallic , semi ?