C4 Electrical Problem?

Last week-end the VATS system would not allow the car ('86) to start. Disconnected / reconnected battery - started right up. Today, after a drive, it would not idle. It would start, just not idle, then stall.
Related electrical issues?
Stu
C-Vette wrote:

other key. -- PJ
The resistor key would not be the culprit for the no idle and stall. I would have the fuel pump checked. When the pump went bad in my 86 the same symptoms occurred. It would start, idle for a little bit and then die. Had the pump changed and no problem since.