C4 Hatch release problem

Having recurring problems with the hatch release on our '94. Mechanic says that it is simply "sticking", lubes it and it works for about a day. Has
anyone had a similar problem and found a solution. This is our third C4 and the only one that has had this issue. Thanks.
Randy,
I assume that it does this regardless of the switch pressed. There was a problem with the window gasket sticking and if you use armor all on the gasket it would free things up. Second, the electric latch release is failing and needs to be replaced. Randy wrote:

Randy wrote:

I have similar failures with my '93, but it only happens on very hot days. I've tried pushing down on the hatch to relieve the pressure on the latch, but that doesn't help. If I wait, it works fine until another really hot day. It has to be at least 110F for it to fail. Since I'm in Arizona, a really hot day here is a bit hotter than a hot day in most places.
Regards, Jim
Jim Henry wrote:

Rather than Armorall I use Silicone Grease on the weatherstrip -- seems to help.
-- PJ