C4 Hatch release problem

Having recurring problems with the hatch release on our '94. Mechanic says that it is simply "sticking", lubes it and it works for about a day. Has anyone had a similar problem and found a solution. This is our third C4 and the only one that has had this issue. Thanks.

Reply to
Randy

I have similar failures with my '93, but it only happens on very hot days. I've tried pushing down on the hatch to relieve the pressure on the latch, but that doesn't help. If I wait, it works fine until another really hot day. It has to be at least 110F for it to fail. Since I'm in Arizona, a really hot day here is a bit hotter than a hot day in most places.

Regards, Jim

Reply to
Jim Henry

Rather than Armorall I use Silicone Grease on the weatherstrip -- seems to help.

-- PJ

Reply to
PJ