C4 Hood Wont Unlatch on Drivers Side

usually its the cable adjustment at the latch.. the cable is pulling, just not enough..

Reply to
TroY

Hi All

I'm a victim of a hood that wont unlach on the drivers side anymore. I checked the lever and both cables are being pulled fine. Is this something easy to accomplish?

Thanks

Blk89er

Reply to
Blk89er

try pulling the cable a little further. if that doesn't work you will need manually to trip the latch. if the latch has a malfunction ? you may need to seek professional help. its NOT going to be "easy to accomplish".

g'luck

Reply to
'Key

Someone sugested that I try jacking the passenger side, and another sugested that I take a drive with the hood unlatched and maybe by hitting a bump of some sort it may pop opened.

Reply to
Blk89er

I think Mid America sells a specific tool for this problem.

Reply to
Tom

Following along with Dad's thoughts regarding C4 "flex-ability," if it's a coupe--remove the roof panel, then take that drive.

Question for Dad -- would that be limp rather than just 'flexible?'

Reply to
PJ

Push down on both sides of the hood to make sure it is aligned correctly. Then pull hood release again. Might be that when the last time you put the hood down it did not latch correctly. If cable is broken you might need to buy the hood release tool.

Reply to
benf802961