C4 LT-1 mysteriously cut out

Anybody ever see this?

Preface, new(rebuilt ECM, failed emission test, old one wasn't seeing an O2 sensor)

Driving along last week, and decided to stretch the Vette's legs. WOT going up a ramp to freeway, halfway up engine simply stopped, like no fuel. ASR light came on, no other lights. Coasted a bit as I was looking at panel, then turned key, started right up...everything normal, came home. Still ok. Only odd thing was fan2 and A/C comp not running. Looked thru shop manual and found one thing that will do that, A/C pressure sensor out, so wiggled connector, compressor and fan both came on. Dirty connector. Cleaned, all ok...but still puzzled about the cut out. I'm going to guess it was at the same time the pressure sensor stopped sending...

BTW, no codes set. Put engine on Diacom all reads normal, since got the pressure deal connected, before that showed calling for A/C but comp not running.

It sure would be nice to get hold of the source code for the ECM firmware...

Reply to
root