C4 roof panel alignment - help

I have a new roof panel for my 1995 coupe. What method (trick) is used to align the front bolt holes on the new panel with the fixed bolts on the windshield cowl?

You need to make sure that the front bolts are loose and can be moved around in the slots, and then get it lined-up where you want it and then make pencil or marker marks aronund the flange and then take it off and tighen it up & then put it back on to insure that's where you need it to be. It may take many tries to get it where you want it. In the end you may jsut have to leave them slightly loose because it may no line-up any other way.

Also be sure your car is on level ground when you do this.....no hills.
On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 10:21:25 -0700, "Don Hardesty"

I learned the hard way...many years ago not even to attempt to lock down the top on any surface that was not close to level...
When making adjustments get the car "dead" level...
I honestly have not removed to top on my C4 in the last 7-8 years ecept to swapt the solid and glass tops ...
Bob G.