C4 starting problem

My 85 starts fine after it's been sitting overnight but each successive start when I use it during the day gets harder. This weekend it started fine
when we left the house Saturday. We drove for about a half hour and stopped to pick something up for my in laws. We were in the store for maybe 10 minutes and when we left it took a second or 2 longer to start but no big deal. We stopped for dinner maybe 20 minutes later. It sat for an hour or so while we ate and started a bit harder still taking 2 tries of 5 to 8 seconds each before it started. Got to my in laws after a 10 minute drive and stayed 4 or 5 hours so the engine should have been completely cooled down. That time it again took 2 tries of 10 seconds or so of cranking before it started. Next morning it started right up. Only took a second or 2 of cranking. Anyone else have a problem like this?
"Age doesn't always bring wisdom. Sometimes age comes alone. "