C5 - 150 h.p. increase ; best bang for the buck ?

I am considering a used C5/LS1 to purchase and would like to know the best motor mod. for a 150 h.p. increase without going with a nitrous add. Can an additional 150 rwhp be had with cam, intake and head swap ?
If so, who offers the package ? Further, will the rest of the drivetrain handle it ok assuming street driving only ? Thanks.
Blowers will do that,( at about 8psi) and the drivetrain survives. Not aware of any cam, intake and head swap making anything close to a 50% increase on a C5.
dave wrote:

You might be able to just sneak up on that with a whole package stroker crank, heads, cam, intake, T-body, exhaust.
But a centrifugal blower would be the easiest way to go, I agree.
Bob I wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
dave wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
dave wrote:

Lingenfelter will pump it up to 430 HP with a head and cam package for a mere $7,395. You could add headers and free flow cats for another $1,500 and get close to the 500 HP mark. Still very streetable, been there to see what they do and have the quote in my hand for my C6. Same price but will go 500 HP with 440 torque without touching the intake (polish only), manifolds or cats.
Im considering going all out now , and looking at MTI putting in thier LS7/427 cid modified crate engine for $22 k. (RWHP is 600 plus) . This of course all depends on whether i can get a very good deal on a used early C5 for roughly $23 k. or so . Have you heard anything about MTI's quality , etc ?? Thanks.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------080901050604050505020009 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
In the last month's HotRod Mag they got ahold of a LS7 crate motor and with just a cam and headers they got 600HP!
And at only 17grand apiece :-)
Dad wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 12:35:02 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (dave) wrote:

Go to the "Corvette Forum" you will find all of the answerts you need.
Personally i would go with a intercooled centrifical blower, some poeple run Greg Caroll's water injection instead of a intercooler, vs a roots or screw type.
One of the best books you can by on the subject of supercharging is a book by A. Grahm Bell and another one by Corky Bell
I put a ATi D1 on my C4 and love it, and have had no problems so far running at 10 PSI, reliabilty is there so far and belive it or not my mpg read out showed 29.7 on a 1200 mile trip. But if i had to do it over i might go with one of Greg's (http://www.carrollsupercharging.com /) Vortec units.