C5 and C6 owners or past owners

Just curious, if you own or owned both the C5 and C6, which one do you like better and why? And I know the C6 got a little boost in hp but does it do better in mpg in same driving with the C5?

Reply to
Norm

I never had a C5, but i love my C6. (2006). Ive talked to quite a few folks who went from a C5 to a C6 and they all report it was simular to going from a C4 to C5 pretty much. The thing i really like on the C6 is the superb fit and finish ; no rattles, no squeeking plastic on the dash, and incredible gas mileage for a true performance car.

Reply to
dave

I've had both. C6 is more powerful, no question. Fit and finish and options are improved. Power top is nice (although it is ridiculous you have to manually latch it -- is this 1971?).

The only criticism is that it is smaller inside and a little more cramped.

Both are great fun!

Reply to
Tom Scales

I have a 1990 and 2000, both coupes. The power is noticeable on my 2000, but the mpgs are about the same (the 2000 is perhaps 2 mpgs better on similar driving conditions and based on the DIC readings). I can imagine there is a boost from a C5 to a C6 as well, but the increase in hps is about 55 without modifications.. I enjoy driving the 2000 more than the

1990 - but I have to be fair to both : )

Empty3

Reply to
Empty3

My C6 replaced my C5 Which was totaled by an idiot in a rice burner who changed lanes without looking and ran me into a wall.

The C5 had about 400 hp the same as my C6. The C6 rides a little better . The Mileage was about the same. I wouldn't of traded a C5 for a C6 but I do like the C6 better.

Reply to
Fred C. Dobbs

Been out oif touch the last month due to medical problems... so this reply is a "hair" late...

I love my C5...no current plans to replace it.. BUT HONESTLY who really cares about how many miles per gallon ANY Corvette gets..??

Bob G. 64 72 & 98 Convertbles

76 & 79 Coupes
Reply to
Bob G.

You got to remember Bob that it has to be a great investment, get great gas mileage, smoke the tires for a 1/4-mile, and look good in the garage or flatbed when you take it home. Also it must start right up after sitting for 4 months and never need repair or even attract mice. If something does go wrong the answer will appear in seconds by those owners on the internet that already know that it's a known weak point overlooked by 1,432 GM engineers and 100+ years of automotive building experience. The repair should be able to be fashioned from the soft metal cap on a milk bottle and replace a part laying in the glove box. They do have those caps yet, don't they? On top of all else the one owned by the writer must be the only one made in that color with 1,100 RWHP. Another mistake made by GM that makes their car "RARE" and worth 10 times what they paid for it used.

Just a few things I've learned here, others are sure to become apparent as soon as I post this.

You feeling better or do you still have some money left that the Doctors need before you're well or in a disposable condition?

Reply to
Dad

Having a Pretty good year...its April and I have NOT maxed out my out of pocket expenses yet...but have not seen most of the Bills yet....

NO COMPLAINTS... I can breatth & at least now ..AND I can get upright Had emergency surgery to fix the problems caused by the surgery I had on the legs in December... BUT I got 2 of the Corvettes out of the garage on schedule on April Fools day, the other 3 are waiting their turn....

Hoping to get to Carlisle next week ..BUT I'll have to ride the scooter (again) however.... Bob .

Reply to
Bob G.

'Been out oif touch the last month due to medical problems... so this reply is a "hair" late... I love my C5...no current plans to replace it.. BUT HONESTLY who really cares about how many miles per gallon ANY Corvette gets..?? Bob G.'

REPLY: Hope youre on the rebound now Bob with your health concerns. While no one buys a new Corvette for fuel economy , it is a nice bonus to think you can drive a C5/6 and still get 27-29 highway mpg in top gear on a long distance trip...yet still have the power readily available to quickly get out of the way of a flock of birds with full bladders overhead (especially if you have a Vert) :)

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa