C5 BREAK QUESTION

I have a C5 with 5800 miles on it. The brakes started to squeal within in 50 ft of stopping. All others times the breaks are quite. What could be causing this problem?
Thanks, mark

Miles have a little to do with it but not everything. The pads are gone or there is dirt/rust under them.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

And you know that from the information he told you about running autocross every weekend of the summer? I know of one 2002 C5 that is on it's third set of pads and second set of disks and has less than 7,000 miles on it. On the other hand he didn't tell us he drove it out of storage and they squeaked and he put it back. It's possible that it didn't move more than 100 feet and squeaked for half of it. The 2 scenarios are far apart and either could be true, not enough information for you or me to say what is wrong with his brakes. Those springs, clips, whatever you want to call them are riveted on, I've yet to see one come loose that wasn't on a burnt out pad. What year is the car, was it in storage, is it new, did you just change something like wheels, tires, was it raining, were you in snow and salt, are you sure it's the brakes, did the steering wheel pick up the noise, does it do it every time, how long has it been doing it, and last but not least, did you try a hard stop to see if it would change or eliminate the noise?
My car went bbbeeerrrrp today, what's wrong with it? You have no idea what kind of car it was, if it was running, if someone drug their fingernails crossed it, if the radiator burped, if a shopping cart hit it, or if the horn wasn't working correctly. I may have even ran over my cat.
My point is that we and anyone else are just flapping our lips when there is a question ask like this one. You may remember me getting into a guy hostile zone not to long ago because he ask a question that he gave little or no information and expected people to read his mind as far as what he should buy and then make up his mind for him. The topper is his question about it being as reliable as a Honda, a Honda what, lawn mower?
As a side note when I wash my car the brakes squeak because the soap makes the disks to clean and they need to get their glaze back. They even chatter a little, but he didn't say he washed it, so can it be that?
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Agree with most of what you say but if a guy asks a question in a car newsgroup and talks of another manufacturer, it's logical to think he's still talking cars. Maybe you been skipping your meds?
<Rob> wrote in message> Agree with most of what you say but if a guy asks a question in a car

Sorry, I don't take any meds, I'll leave them for those that need them. Was it a car or a lawn mower?
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

If it starts on the first or second pull, yes.
Sorry, had to edit the subject, couldn't take it any more. Maybe I do need some meds, what do you use Rob?

LOLOL I'm very very lucky, I'll be 47 this November and all I take is Lortab. No heart meds, no blood pressure meds, no mood meds (don't count the tabs:-)), no colon meds, no allergy meds, etc, nada.
Dad wrote:

--
Ric Seyler

Water.
<Rob> wrote in message wrote:

Same here, good choice.

Hope you don't reflect corvette owners in general.
<Rob> wrote in message

All of them but 2 and one of them is dead.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

With your attitude, you'll probably be next on the road. Have a good life and heres wishing you be buried in your car.
-Rob-
That's a GREAT idea! I'd think I'd like to be buried in my vette. I wonder what all that would entail, probably at least have to pay for a triple sized plot. I wonder how well the fiberglass would hold up under all that dirt. Alot of choices I bet... put a car cover on or not? Ride in the passenger seat for the first time? Drain fluids first? Set the alarm to thwart grave robbers? Has anyone ever had a friend or loved one buried in a vehicle that can share their experience?
<Rob> wrote in message

<Rob> wrote in message

"I" have an attitude and you don't? Loosen up a bit and enjoy life a little.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------070405070503080307080902 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
OR he has glazed them... Hitting water on hot new pads that haven't yet seated on the rotors.
Dealerships aren't very good about telling people how to break-in/seat brake pads.
Dad wrote:

--
Ric Seyler

--------------070405070503080307080902