C5 EBCM 2001

I had my OEM module start throwing C1214 codes and the ABS lights come on about 4-5 years ago. I sent it to ABS Fixers and it worked like a champ until 4 months ago and began throwing 1214, 1270 series codes and others. I sent it back to Brandon and he was able to reset the 1214 codes but not the 1270s. He has no in stock refurbs. I then bought a another module off eBay with the claim it is taken off a wrecked working car. It throws a 1233 right front sensor signal. The sensor circuit checks out and I swapped the wiring from left to right with the same signal. Didn't have the RF fail signal before this module was installed.

My local mechanic says I need to go to the dealer to get it reprogrammed to match the car. Does anyone have experience with a dealer "reprogram"? I can't find anything in that posted on any of my usual sites.

Thanks,

Chris

2001 C5 sedan 90K, AT
Reply to