C5 FOB batt life?

Used to get about a year out of batts. Now down to 9mos. Both FOBs die within a week of each other.
Normal/usual?
Or, is this symptomatic of impending car issue?

Seems a bit short. Still have the original batteries in our 2003 fobs. Took delivery Aug 2002, so 10 years old.
On 10/2/2010 17:00, pete wrote:

What do you call normal? What year is your C5, there was an issue that was changed nearly as soon as it was identified. What is your use pattern? Do you use them daily of only on rare occasions? Where do you store them when not in use? How far from the car do you keep the fobs when not in use? Do you replace the batteries with a quality battery or a battery of lesser quality? What leads you to think the FOB has an affect on your car's future dependability or functionality?
My '05 is still on it's first set of batteries from 10/04 used year round but not daily. I will say that the first thing I did was to cut out the memory function if that could have anything to do with battery life.

My 2001 C5 just turned 10 years old and I only changed the battery in the key fob one time. I wore the letters off but and it just keeps on working. It even survived a ride in the washing machine. The next time you change your battery clean the terminal with alcohol.
On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 15:00:32 -0700, pete wrote:

2002 with old style fobs. Batts & fobs were OK. Local locksmith found corroded connector in module wiring. $ 85. Works fine now.

there's batteries in my 01 fob ????