C5 FOB batt life?

Used to get about a year out of batts. Now down to 9mos. Both FOBs die within a week of each other.

Normal/usual?

Or, is this symptomatic of impending car issue?

Reply to
pete

Bob I

What do you call normal? What year is your C5, there was an issue that was changed nearly as soon as it was identified. What is your use pattern? Do you use them daily of only on rare occasions? Where do you store them when not in use? How far from the car do you keep the fobs when not in use? Do you replace the batteries with a quality battery or a battery of lesser quality? What leads you to think the FOB has an affect on your car's future dependability or functionality?

My '05 is still on it's first set of batteries from 10/04 used year round but not daily. I will say that the first thing I did was to cut out the memory function if that could have anything to do with battery life.

Reply to
Dad

My 2001 C5 just turned 10 years old and I only changed the battery in the key fob one time. I wore the letters off but and it just keeps on working. It even survived a ride in the washing machine. The next time you change your battery clean the terminal with alcohol.

Reply to
aRKay

2002 with old style fobs. Batts & fobs were OK. Local locksmith found corroded connector in module wiring. $ 85. Works fine now.
Reply to
pj

there's batteries in my 01 fob ????

Reply to