C5 hard start - gasoline smell

Off to the service place today. Suddenly the 1997 C5 is hard to start, have to crank maybe 4-6 seconds instead of the usual instant, and I'm getting a raw gasoline smell. Any ideas what to look for? The car was
just serviced at the dealer, 100,000 mile tuneup, flush injectors, etc. I'm guessing they screwed something up, since it was fine before.

fitting on the fuel rail to see if it is loose/leaking. Then again the '97 has an external fuel filter and threaded joints that could be loose or botched if they changed that and they should have. Check for the raw gas smell just inside the left rear wheel and forward a bit. By the way if that is leaking it is doing it on the exhaust pipe. In other words if you have driven it until it is hot and then crank it very long you may be in for a situation you don't need or want.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

if you really feel you have a problem with service ? you should contact GM's complaint department. http://www.chevrolet.com/contactus /