C5 normal trans temps

I was bored in traffic today and scrolled through the displays. I showed a trans temp at 218 and the engine temp at 229. The OAT was reading 108, probably closer to 103 real world. What is the normal ranging for
trans temp? I see the engine temp run anywhere from low 200s through 240 sitting in traffic on hot days like this.
Thanks, FBNE
Automatics are usually cooled by running the tranny fluid through a coil in the radiator. So it sounds like the antifreeze was heating up quick and hadn't tripped the fans on yet.
On 8/5/2010 6:49 PM, FBNE wrote:

On 8/5/2010 5:15 PM, Bob I wrote:

I probably should have added it is an automatic. I was ~20 minutes into my 45 min stop and go commute home. Not a lot of chance to push much air through it.
Bob I wrote:

Speed beween 20 and 35 seem to be the worst for cooling. Typical for the I-215/US60 follies.

My C6 6 speed runs at most 210 but it has a separate cooler and I've never run in over 104 degrees, not the car indicator but a bank and a radio station temperature. Never seen more than 220 on the coolant temp but then I've never been caught in traffic at 103 degrees.