C5 normal trans temps

I was bored in traffic today and scrolled through the displays. I showed a trans temp at 218 and the engine temp at 229. The OAT was reading

108, probably closer to 103 real world. What is the normal ranging for trans temp? I see the engine temp run anywhere from low 200s through 240 sitting in traffic on hot days like this.

Thanks, FBNE

Reply to
FBNE

Bob I

My C6 6 speed runs at most 210 but it has a separate cooler and I've never run in over 104 degrees, not the car indicator but a bank and a radio station temperature. Never seen more than 220 on the coolant temp but then I've never been caught in traffic at 103 degrees.

Reply to
Dad

I probably should have added it is an automatic. I was ~20 minutes into my 45 min stop and go commute home. Not a lot of chance to push much air through it.

Reply to
FBNE

Speed beween 20 and 35 seem to be the worst for cooling. Typical for the I-215/US60 follies.

Reply to
pete