C5 not wanting to start

My 2001 vette has a problem with the battery that I can not cure, its flat if I do not use it everyday.

But I have another problem, just lately the engine will not turn over its as if the battery is flat but it is not, after a little while its okay, also not sure if its connected the indicators will not work and then they are okay.

Thoughts please

Reply to
ray

Check the easy things first. Does this happen with both copies of the ignition key?

Reply to
PJ

For starters clean all the battery conections ..check the alternator connection and the starter terminal....sometimes a bad alternater will kill the battery by trying to run as a motor....best bet is go to an auto elect repair shop..don't go to a dealer unless you have deep pockets and alot of extra time.

Reply to
Vette Guy

I had the same problems. The first thing I did was get a new battery. The top of the line Sears Die Hard, but in the end I had to replace the starter too. Everything's perfect now.

Reply to
Steve Horrillo

Try using your other KEY. I had a flaky bad key that caused all kinds of weird problems. The C5 keys can be a PITA.

Reply to
aRKay

After you check it with your other key, unscrew the battery terminals from the battery and look inside. Mine were corroded and I had similar problems. I couldn't see any corrosion from the top without removing the terminals. New ones cost about $3. If you see any green on the stranded wire, that's probably your problem.

-Stan

Reply to
sbright