C5 not wanting to start

My 2001 vette has a problem with the battery that I can not cure, its flat if I do not use it everyday.
But I have another problem, just lately the engine will not turn over its as
if the battery is flat but it is not, after a little while its okay, also not sure if its connected the indicators will not work and then they are okay.
Thoughts please
ray wrote:

Check the easy things first. Does this happen with both copies of the ignition key?
--
PJ
'89 Hookercar '02 e-blu coupe

For starters clean all the battery conections ..check the alternator connection and the starter terminal....sometimes a bad alternater will kill the battery by trying to run as a motor....best bet is go to an auto elect repair shop..don't go to a dealer unless you have deep pockets and alot of extra time.

I had the same problems. The first thing I did was get a new battery. The top of the line Sears Die Hard, but in the end I had to replace the starter too. Everything's perfect now.
--
Warmest regards,

Steve

Try using your other KEY. I had a flaky bad key that caused all kinds of weird problems. The C5 keys can be a PITA.
After you check it with your other key, unscrew the battery terminals from the battery and look inside. Mine were corroded and I had similar problems. I couldn't see any corrosion from the top without removing the terminals. New ones cost about $3. If you see any green on the stranded wire, that's probably your problem.
-Stan