C5 Oil Pressure Sensor

The Oil Pressure on my 01 C5 reads full-scale 80 PSI with the key ON without the engine running and 130 on the DIC. I suspect a bad sensor and wonder how difficult it is to change?
Is there another way to check that the engine is okay? The oil and cooling temps are running normal and engine seems to run find
Add pictures here
โœ–
http://www.genmotorinfo.com/Picture.aspx?Make=Chevrolet&Model=Corvette&Year 00&SectionID&SectionDesc=8-CYLINDER%20ENGINE&PicDesc=ENGINE+ASM-5.7L+V8+PART+1+CYLINDER+BLOCK+AND+RELATED+PARTS+(LS1%2f5.7G)+-+Y+&pid—02261Y00-050
Item 103 top of the drawing rear of the engine block.
Or go to http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/ and bore down to your engine cylinder block - - part number 12616646, $45.79.

Add pictures here
โœ–
Ouch! I may just leave it alone and not worry about oil pressure. Looks to be very labor intensive to replace.

Add pictures here
โœ–
On 7/24/2013 5:56 AM, aRKay wrote:

could the wire to it have broken or come off?
Add pictures here
โœ–

where it could be broken off. If it were not making a connection it should be reading nothing.
I would have it fixed very soon, sometime before the engine goes. I didn't dig through my manuals but oil pumps have a relief valve and if it fails you can get very high/low pressure depending on how/what part of it failed. Getting a reading without the engine running may still be the relief valve or the sending unit.
What type/weight oil are you using and how often do you change it?
Add pictures here
โœ–
On 7/24/2013 10:31 AM, Dad wrote:

ok. i know on my c4 i had the wire to the water temp sensor get pulled out of the connector, causing it to run really rough. i just stuck it back in and held it in with duct tape until i could replace it.
Add pictures here
โœ–

Mobile One 5-30 and I change per the DIC
I am still accessing repair options. It is not something I am willing to attempt.
Add pictures here
โœ–
"aRKay" wrote in message wrote:

Mobile One 5-30 and I change per the DIC
I am still accessing repair options. It is not something I am willing to attempt.
I take it you do not have an "idiot light' as well for low oil pressure as is the case for most Chevrolets. If not, I suppose losing oil pressure in a C5 is something that can happen more frequently without warning -- oil pump failure -- not common on most other automobiles. Trying a mechanic other than the dealer may be the cheaper alternative.
Add pictures here
โœ–

Sorry about the delayed response. The delay is because I got a new iMac and my NewsWatcher program will not run under the Mavericks OS X 10.9. I am booted to an old backup drive to be able to access the newsgroups.
I fixed the 01 C5 problems by trading for a pristine 08 Black C6. It is awesome and this one has a GMPP warranty for three years and 36K miles on top of the 18k on the car.
Dad, I have appreciated your help and I think you have my email address. Stray in touch
Dick
Add pictures here
โœ–
testing from unison
On 2014-01-17 03:26:56 +0000, aRKay said:

Add pictures here
โœ–
On 7/24/2013 7:56 AM, aRKay wrote:

It is a common cheap-ass C5 part failure.
There is a much simpler way to get to it under the plastic panel where the windshield wipers rest. Ckeck this out- http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-tech/3277769-c5-oil-sender-replacement-via-air-cowl.html
Add pictures here
โœ–