C5 Seat movement

Hi all! After accelerating, then braking, or vice versa, the driver seat shifts slightly, making a slight clicking soung. It's as if the bolts holding the seat to the floor are loose.
Any ideas?
Thanks, Pappy
Examine the track as another person tries to move the seat forward and back. See if you can locate the noise and see if it is engaging all the way in the track. Id get to the bottom of this problem asap because if you get in a crash, it just might throw you forward if the seat is not secured in the track properly. If its still under warranty, id take it in.

Somewhat common to the C5 seat, it started with my '98 at about 40K. Not a big thing but just a little annoying. It can come with less miles depending on how you enter and exit and if you use the memory function. It's actually wear of a plastic bushing/part and nothing more.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
Dad wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
Isn't there a recall for that? Thought I read about one.
Dad wrote:

Mama's car (looks like the same tracks & motors as in the C5) developed the same wear, then jammed. $ 521 at the dealer -- not a warranty item. New household rule -- wait for the seat to stop before leaping into the car. (Whoops, poor choice of words, mama doesn't leap, she enters gracefully!) :-)
PJ

option and open the door. The seat now moves to a position you have chosen to allow for an easier exit and reverses that action when you enter. In view of that action I don't see how you can't be riding the seat when it is in motion. Without the memory you adjust the seat from the outside?
In other words you get into the Corvette and the seat is set for another driver and it needs to be moved. You are driving your Corvette and become uncomfortable and change its position. I guess I'm disagreeing with your tip as being of any value. Especially if it's cold, rainy, windy, in a scary location, and/or they don't want to mess up their hair. Myself I guess I live a shelter life, the memory function of my seat is disabled and never touched unless either of the above happens.
Dad wrote:

Same here, horrid WX. OAT is 82deg, RH at 20% and the breeze variable 1-3 Kt. Fires in Mexico have poluted the air and my eyes are burning! (Your terms, "cold, rainy & windy" aren't understood.)
Sorry that I wasn't clearer. Intent wasn't to call for not moving the seat with someone in it. I buy six and twelve-way seats to take the pain out of a long drive. My tip was just to not ride between the fore and aft limits several times each day.
After the seat repair, the service manager suggested reprogramming so that the seat didn't traverse to EXIT each time the engine was shut down. If the car is garaged, we reach through the window and make the driver choice, waiting for a few seconds while the seat repositions before opening the door. In the wide open spaces, we hit the fob far enough away so that the seat has time to cease movement before the door is opened. (Scary -- I don't have a solution for that. Just live with the world as being a "sharp and abrasive part of the Universe!") While this workaround (for a rather poor seat track design) takes some deliberate thought and a few seconds, it seems to be paying off in the long run. The first track failure occurred in only 18 months. Nearly two years of experience with the "revised" procedure and DIC programming hasn't resulted in any seat "wiggle."
The seat memory isn't needed on the C5 since my driving position is within an RCH of the full aft seat travel.
Don't know whether there's any truth in the story but I was told that the seat components were designed by SAAB. Perhaps they had the lithe Swede body in mind and didn't allow for the heavier American seat rider. One other factor may be that the whole driver's seat assembly in the Buick is much heavier than the seat in the C5.
PJ
That must be why the automatic seats on all three of my GM vehicles are a SAAB story... 1999 Vette, 2000 Vette, 2005 Escalade. All have "issues" with the seat adjustment. The most common problem is the tilt of the base of the seat. Makes me feel like I'm getting ready to slide down towards the pedals.. The Caddy dealer couldn't duplicate the problem last week. (lol) I'll have to show the service manager how the seats are supposed to work..
-Stan