C5 Tip of the Day (Don't blame CL)

Yes, I know the column lock is a favorite whipping boy; however, it may be getting blamed for another problem. I was having problems with the remove key and wait message and sometimes I suspected the battery was shorted out. After a long time the dealer's tech suggested replacing the key. I started using my spare key and and never saw the problem again. The dealer ordered me a replacement for the one that was giving me fits. Since TRASHING the old key I have never seen the pull key and wait message and may have replaced a good battery.

Lesson learned or tip of the day.... if your car starts acting a little weird, try using your spare key!

Dick

2001 Black/black/6-spd/coupe
Reply to
aRKay