C5 Turn signals are intermittant

After 30k miles the turn signals intermittantly stop working. The manual shows a micro relay for the flashers but not for the turn signals.
I went to my friendly chevy dealer who suggests there is no relay thatI can
change "maybe it's in the switch!" not very helpful!!
It's real easy to find out if you want to buy a car from a dealer - just go to the service department and see how they treat you!!
any ideas? Thanks

The flasher is part of the 4 way switch in the middle of your dash, the dash pad has to be removed to replace the switch.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51