C5 Turn Signals Not Working

The turn signals stopped working on my 2000 C5 when the weather is hot. No flash. No click. Nothing. Both sides. Some googling indicates it's probably the flasher/hazard light switch and that the
dash pad has to come out.
Does that sound right?
How much work am I getting myself into?
I can R&R the whole dash on my Grand Cherokee in an afternoon, but it sure looks cramped up front in the Corvette. Makes my back hurt just thinking about it.

Not a show stopper but you're right, the center of the dash and those air vents have to come out. The flasher is the hazard switch. As a stop gap try cycling the switch while blowing air into it, sometime it is just crud in the contacts. Sorry, don't have that manual any more or I'd give you the method for R&R.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

That doesn't sound too bad. I was visualizing unbolting the whole thing from the firewall. Of course, there's that ever-so-slight smell of coolant with the heater on full blast, so that fun is undoubtedly in the near future anyways. With 130k miles on the clock I really need to break down and buy a GM manual.
With all the high tech gizmos in this thing, it's hard to believe the turn signal flasher has anything mechanical. Even my limited electronic skills could come up with something solid state that wouldn't wear out.
Thanks again. When I googled this, it was your post from way-back that came up first.
Update: Last time the turn signals quit, I stabbed the hazard light button a few times, and they started working again.
I haven't touched that button since I bought the car. Oxidation on a contact? I worked the button a few dozen times after that. No problems since. I'll keep my fingers crossed!
In article

Mine did the same thing a few years ago and the dealer fixed it by replacing the Emergency Flasher. Check your flasher