c6 2 more things

I have had 2 other corvettes, both c4's (93 vert and 96 lt4,, a great car) both were 6 speeds. Has anyone driven the paddle shifter .... that is used to driving a
stick. Try to explain the tradeoff please. The exotics use paddles and the technology is here so I am very curious. I really want to know if the paddles are as enjoyable and as in control as the 6 spd.
Finally, I never get values. Why would someone buy an 04 c5 for around low 30's when a c6 is a couple grand more. I think the 04 should drop. Most people knew they were discounted.. No disrespect meant. Same thing when I boughy my discounted 96.

Yes.
Same as wearing earrings, they look good on some people, but have no useful value. You trade money for looks.

The exotics what, all those I see seldom are driven past their first oil change, tuneup. Not the same technology.

Only at 200 mph and you don't want to take your eyes/consenstration off the road. How do you use them on autocross when they are on the bottom of the wheel when you want to shift? BLING.

and the C6 was a tweak, not a generation change as they want you to believe. A couple of grand is not the separation point in most cases for like cars. If it were why are you talking lease?
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

The paddle shifter in a C6 is NOT a true paddle shifter, like in the Ferrari or BMW. It's just a tiptronic/steptronic automatic transmission and reacts as slowly as you would expect. It will still shift when it wants if it wants. I have them in my C6 and NEVER use them.
The paddle shifters in my M3, on the other handle, are real. They control the clutch to a real 6-speed manual transmission and shift blindingly fast. Somehow BMW has been able to do it since the late 90's but Chevy can't do it in 2007. Very disappointing.

Thank you that is what I wanted to know. My buddy has his second ferrari 430. First was a coupe, second is a vert. Anyway, his paddle is very much like a stick. And now that I know the Corvette paddle is a little better then the one on our Caddy or Murano, that is not what I am looking at.
Regarding leasing. I did look at it. Basically the car is discounted to what I feel is reasonable. The buy back is about 50% after 42 months and it is exactly the buy price of the car, less my lease payments and interest. So I think it is just like financing 50% of th car, only I left the 50% in the bank for the end of the lease, instead of laying it out now and paying off the second half of the lease.
I will definitely check into the GM specials.
Saw my car. I was originally looking at a red lt1 package with Z51. I found a car the same price without the z51, a lt2 package, black wheels and glass top.