C6 CAGS defeat advice sought

Anyone in a position to offer advice / experiences on installing a CAGS (skip-shift) defeater on a 6-speed C6? Lots on the market, but which ones are decently made and work right? If I decide to just disconnect the solenoid and substitute a dummy load, anyone know the resistive load of the thing? Would it be better to remachine the solenoid plunger so it can't engage?

Reply to
Vandervecken

CAGS=Corvettes Against Granny Shifters

Stop driving the car like Grandma and you'll never know it's even there.

Reply to
L DaVinci

Sure do, got 4 of the resistors in my garage, (six car garage out back). No I'm not going out there to get the number tonight but I'll post it tomorrow. I put it in the day after I was caught in a traffic shutdown in W. Virginia. Five of them cost .99 cents at Radio Shack, best move I ever made, no problems yet at 12,000. Formed the leads to make good contact and put some vinyl cap plugs over the connecters to keep out the moisture and it has been flawless. By the way, the wire is labeled at the factory so you can't get the reverse lock out by mistake.

Reply to
Dad

Radio Shack number 271-1121 package of 5, 2.2k-Ohm resistors 1/2 watt 5% tolerance, price .99 cents. The resistor is about 3/8 long and the assembly with leads is 2 1/4 long, each lead was folded twice to give me a larger spade to pug into the socket and then both were bent to the shape of a staple. I did seal them with rubber tape, not friction or the electricians tape but rubber tape and then capped them with the vinyl cap plugs and tied the wire down with a plastic wire tie.

Reply to
Dad