C6 stability

I would like info from anyone who has driven a C6 with the removable top both on and off. How does the car feel both ways? I'm thinking of getting
a new C6. Not sure if I want a convertible of coupe yet. I used to have a 94 C4 coupe. The ride with the top off was downright scary compared to with it installed. Any experienced comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Mike

on or off, except for the helmet not banging on the top on the corners. Think about the top on your C4, it was bolted fast. The top on the C6 is held on with a plastic over center clamp in the back and corner pegs. The top on the C4 was structural and on the C6 it is an umbrella/window and weighs about 1/2 the C5's top, which was less then the weight of the C4 top. The first time I jacked up the right front corner of my C5 it also lifted the rear tire off the ground and the C6 is a bit stiffer. Other than the wind buffeting it is a sound and stable ride. The convertible is a very firm, quite, and stable ride also but I think I'd skip the power top option.
You need to drive the C6, just a tad better than the C5 and light years ahead of the C4 frame.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
Mike S wrote:

The C6 is the most stable car I have ever driven. Period, paragraph.
My C6 convertible is also one of the most rigid cars I've ever driven. That thing is *solid*, more so than any other convertible I've owned. The only cars in my experience that rival it are a VW Beetle (a real one) and a Lexus LS430 - both sedans.
The C6 convertible top is not structural, of course. It's a folding cloth design, not a removable hardtop. There's no difference at all in the car's feel between top up and top down aside from wind and sound.
For that matter I don't think the coupe's top is structural, either.
Thanks guys, great info. Now I know what to expect.
Mike