C6: Strange tapping noise

Hi, A minute or two after starting my '07 coupe almost every time (or perhaps the first time of the day) I hear this tapping noise from the rear passenger side quarter. When my wife first heard it, she said that it sounded like a squirrel in the atic. It could also be described as three or four taps with your finger on a wood door. I'm not overly concerned, but would like to know what it is. Has anyone else experienced this, know what it is, or able to offer an educated guess? Thanks

Reply to
Frank M.

Not on a 'vette but two other recent GM critters have thrown me this sort of sound a couple of minutes after start. One an exhaust bracket the other a double tapered gasket insert between two flanges.

Reply to
PJ

I don't know if this helps but refer back to your posts (as well as the thread) on 10-17-06 titled " Re: Update on my rear end noises,

2005 C-6" because I'm guessing it might be you case????

And no, I don't own a vette yet but maybe next year??? I'm lurking meanwhile.

Reply to
Honda Lives

Have you considered "piston slap"? Common problem with LS1 engines. I know you have the LS6 but its the same Generation III design. GM should have corrected this by now but its what you are describing.

Reply to
jbrainey

After rereading your post, I now realize you are talking about a noise coming from the REAR of your vehicle and NOT the rear of the engine. Sorry about that. Please disregard my earlier post.

Reply to
jbrainey

maybe you should consider changing your name from "Honda Lives" to "No Vette Yet" just kiddin :-)

g'day

Reply to
'Key

Take a ride using your other FOB if you haven't already and see if it duplicates the noise. Sounds like there may be something trying to re-lock your door when you move. If no noise see what functions are set on both FOBs and you may be able to figure out what is doing the clicking.

Reply to
Dad

No, it's a great suggestion Key, all kidding aside.

Thanks, No Vette Yet (formerly Honda Lives)

Reply to
Honda Lives changed to No Vet

Reply to
Frank M.