C6: Strange tapping noise

Hi, A minute or two after starting my '07 coupe almost every time (or perhaps the first time of the day) I hear this tapping noise from the rear passenger side quarter. When my wife first heard it, she said
that it sounded like a squirrel in the atic. It could also be described as three or four taps with your finger on a wood door. I'm not overly concerned, but would like to know what it is. Has anyone else experienced this, know what it is, or able to offer an educated guess? Thanks
--
Frank M.

Frank M. wrote:

Not on a 'vette but two other recent GM critters have thrown me this sort of sound a couple of minutes after start. One an exhaust bracket the other a double tapered gasket insert between two flanges.
--
PJ

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 16:25:21 GMT, Frank M.

I don't know if this helps but refer back to your posts (as well as the thread) on 10-17-06 titled " Re: Update on my rear end noises, 2005 C-6" because I'm guessing it might be you case????
And no, I don't own a vette yet but maybe next year??? I'm lurking meanwhile.
Have you considered "piston slap"? Common problem with LS1 engines. I know you have the LS6 but its the same Generation III design. GM should have corrected this by now but its what you are describing.
After rereading your post, I now realize you are talking about a noise coming from the REAR of your vehicle and NOT the rear of the engine. Sorry about that. Please disregard my earlier post.
<Honda Lives> wrote in message

maybe you should consider changing your name from "Honda Lives" to "No Vette Yet" just kiddin :-)
g'day
--
"Key"
=====

No, it's a great suggestion Key, all kidding aside.
Thanks, No Vette Yet (formerly Honda Lives)

Take a ride using your other FOB if you haven't already and see if it duplicates the noise. Sounds like there may be something trying to re-lock your door when you move. If no noise see what functions are set on both FOBs and you may be able to figure out what is doing the clicking.
I have a feeling that your diagnosis is on the mark. The noise does sound more like something trying to lock or un-lock rather than a posi or rear axle type of noise; and it may have happened when I used FOB#2 several times. But I have never approached car with both FOBs and can't figure how the the logic or circuitry can get confused to cause this. Perhaps an incompatability when users' options are set differently? I'll investigate your suggestion further and let you know if and when I can say for sure what the noise is. Thanks for your input.

--
Frank M.