C7 when?

With a 10 yr. old 'vette, I'm starting to think about a new one. Any ideas when they'll come up with a C7? If it's not too far away, I might wait. If not, may just take the plunge.

Reply to
Keith

C4: 12 models spanning 13 years. C5: 8 model years. C6: 3 so far. (Progression? I think not--but, some guys say C6 was such a "minor" change that there's a C7 possible in 2010.)

  1. Governing factors: Market health, available capital (selling off the GMAC was only a temporary help--other car lines gotta get healthy--soon!), competition, value of the dollar against foreign currencies. If you've got a good crystal ball, I'll buy lunch.
  2. History: Usually, the third model in a series has the major issues sorted out.
  3. Reality: Life is short.

  1. Suggestion: If you like this year's color and trim offerings, jump in.

Reply to
PJ

Can't disagree with your thinking but would add that the "super" Corvette may skew the C7 introduction date. It can bolster the C6 sales and prolong it's life or it could make a big splash as the top dog for the C7 introduction (not likely). My guess is that GM will stretch the C6 life close to the 2010 you suggest but wouldn't be surprised to see it die in '09. New C7 in 2010 without the "super" Corvette like the new Z06 did to pick up sales with the "super" coming out in 2011.

Depends on what the penny jinglers need to get their biggest bonus and has little to do with the Corvette driving public. Which brings up the price of the C7 that will hit 50 grand before it's 6 months old, maybe at release.

Number 3 is a big factor, life is short and is only getting shorter.

By the way, that 10 year old Corvette, unless it already has 150,000 miles on it, will make another 10 years without missing a beat, you're going to trade because you want to, when you want to, what we think shouldn't matter. ;-)

Reply to
Dad